Sin Noticias de Burb

I would like to congratulate the individual who chose to contribute this amusing story for use in learning Spanish, Intermediate level. I find it an absolute delight with a good mix of challenging new words and familiar ones in the text.

It is also extremely amusing and I find some of the references make me laugh out loud. I don’t want to spoil this for anyone so I won’t give details but the Pedralbes scene was one that particularly amused me.

Gracias, gracias, gracias!

Oh good, I just added that yesterday to my future reading.

If you can find it, I recommend starting with the one entitled “Introducción”. They first came to my attention with an episode that popped me right into the middle of the story at Day 3. It looks as if there at least 8 sections of the story so far. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have been so far. :slight_smile:

Is this on LINGQ? Where can I find it? Do you have the url? You make me curious!

1 Like

“Sin noticias de Gurb” (no “Burb”) es una novela del célebre escritor barcelonés Eduardo Mendoza:

Yes, it is on LingQ and you should be able to find it by opening up your Library. I think it should show with a little scene of a spaceship hovering and shining a light down to a farm scene with little cows. :slight_smile: If it isn’t somewhere in what is offered you may be able to find it by putting “Sin Noticias de Burb” in the search area.

I found an easier way. This is the introduction to the stories:

1 Like

Pero, en LingQ es cambiado un poco y ahora tiene el titulo, Sin Noticias de Burb. Login - LingQ

1 Like

Ah, es una versión personal de la novela. Sí que parece muy interesante

No sé el nombre de autor pero no es mi mismo. Es muy divertida, no?