Russian Conversation Meetup

In case you can make it, the zoom link is the same.

OK Thanks

@Lotsawa, спасибо большое за ваше время сегодня (ну, пожалуй вчера). Также всем собеседникам. Было приятно!

Думаете ли вы, что будет полезно предустроить темы две, три перед следующой сессии? Конечно, мы можем разговаритвать о чем угодно, но может помогать если у всех способность рассматривать словарь перед собрания.

I will join.

Hi i will try to again. See you

Спасибо большое за отличный разговор!

Спасибо и вам.

Спасибо и вам, Кен. Вы видели материалы, которые я запостил на вашей стене в lingq? Отвечая на ваш вопрос. Вы правы – я бы тоже хотел, чтобы к следующей встрече у нас 2-3 темы, которые мы могли обговорить. Поэтому я прошу всех их мне заранее накидывать, чтобы я и все остальные могли подготовиться. Что скажете?

Андерс, здравствуйте. Вы получили от меня сообщение?

Hi I have been busy but I tried to write to you last week but I dont know if you got oit. . Are there any themes posted for t’this uesday?

I tried to answer, did you get it? Concerning tuesday are there any thems chosen? I would agree on Gulag if this is appropriate. See you

An idea I had re Gulag was perhaps to look at a story by Shalamov from Kolyma Tales. The Solzhenitsyn is huge. But in general things like dachas are more pleasant to chat about than the Gulag is. :slight_smile:

Maybe in honor of Anders we could chat sometime about the Rus’. Rus' people - Wikipedia The movie “The 13th Warrior” has Vikings deep in Russia.

Меня не столько волнует, насколько эта тема уместная, сколько тот факт, что эта тема может оказаться слишком сложной для новичков.

Отличная идея.

[The movie is not to be taken as historically accurate, even in details. An important point of the movie is that the Vikings are new to the idea of written language, but actually the peoples of northern Europe had been using runes for centuries and centuries before the time the movie is set in. The protagonist is a Muslim, from a highly developed urban culture, hence late in the first millennium CE. But the images in the movie of Vikings on a river in a Russia-like place are well done.]

Since my connection with this thread is no longer possible from my regular account, I made this new account and will use it until my other acoount is reconnected. — Frits

Keen on joining but can I know how advanced this meet up will be? I’ve yet to have any experience conversing with others…

Hey. No worries. Feel free to join to be a listener only. No one is forced to speak at the meetup.

I’d like to join, but I don’t understand how it works. I see a web address , Meeting ID, Passcode , but I also see a series of phone nummers (“One tape mobile”). Where can I find information on what I should exactly do?
I participated earlier in a zoom meeting, there I just clicked on a webaddress.
And will there be a person who leads the conversation?