Remove Flashcard from List

Hello:
I see you can choose to remove a Flashcard from teh list when you have remembered it twice.

1. Can you change that value from 2 to 3?
  2. If you remove a Flashcard using this method, is there a way to add it back again (say months later when you realize you cannot remember the meaning.

Thanks very much,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

There is no option to change the number of times you can get the flashcard right, however, the card will be added back again if you finish your set of flashcards and re-open it again from the Lesson page or Vocabulary page. Getting it right twice in a row does increase the status of the term from 1 to 2 to 3 and finally to 4 - Known, at which point it will no longer be included in your flashcards for the lesson unless you specifically choose to flashcard it from the Vocabulary page. You can also, at any time, change a word from status 4 back to 1,2 or 3 in order for it to be included in the lesson list of flashcards.

Thanks Mark for the quick response.
Gerry

Thanks Mark for the quick response.
Gerry

Hello Again:

I need more help. I have around 80 LingQs. I have gone through the flashcards a few times. But when I go to the Lessons → Vocabulary page later I see many words have a (1) next to them. Yet I am sure I got those words right many times (not in a row admittedly - I usually go through the cards just one round at a time).

Why are these words not already marked with a 3 or a 4?

Thanks again,

Gerry

Hi Gerry,

If you don’t get the words correct two times in a session, their status does not change. This is not ideal and we are looking at improving this but that is the way it works for now. You can manually adjust the status on the flashcard.

Another tip: You should not open the hint that the status increases! Use only “check”. If you open the hint the status will not increase if you do flashcarding twice in a row.

Thank you both. I will play a bit more with it.

Gerry