Questions about tutoring and accepting requests

I have entered some times for tutoring, and I have a couple of questions, that I could not find answers to on the tutoring page…

1. How short notice can learners schedule a conversation request?
  2. What happens if I miss a request, for whatever reason?
  3. I assume, that I will have to accept the request, or react somehow, before it is scheduled?
  4. What happens, if I cannot have the scheduled conversation, for let’s say technical reasons?

I have had conversations in the past, but it’s been a long time, so I have forgotten, how things worked… Thanks :wink:

Hi Safran,

1. There is no any limit here, and students can schedule conversation whenever they want for time they want if it’s added as available in your schedule, or can request other time.
  2. If you miss a request, points will be returned to student who scheduled a conversation.
  3. If students sign up for a conversation available in your schedule, the conversation will be scheduled automatically. If they request it for a time which is not added in your schedule, you will have to accept it first.
  4. In case like that you should contact student, explain the situation and tell him to contact LingQ support and ask conversation to be cancelled and points returned on his account.

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thank you for clarifying this for me.
If the lesson is scheduled right away, without me needing to accept it, and a student signs in like five minutes before the time, I am worried that this might be an issue, as email notifications might not arrive on time…I know that this might not happen too often, but still, I am a bit worried… How can one avoid this? Thanks

You can’t avoid that, but in reality nobody is going to schedule a conversation 5 minutes or even one hour before the time.

I certainly hope not, but I guess, in case we just need to work it out or call you guys for administration :wink:

In the reality the last chance to book a conversation ends at about midnight before the day of the conversation.

good to know, that’s more manageable, I guess :wink: