[Question] Uploading audio: how does it work?

I uploaded the article for Finnish easy news from yle selkosuomeksi radio. The text was included fine. But the audio was not included (grayed out button).

So I used a linux program (yle-dl) to download the audio successfully. I can play the audio locally. Subsequently I uploaded the audio file to the article using edit lesson. There were no errors reported in the upload or in the save, but I still don’t have audio. Remarkable is that the page did show the file as connected, but made no attempt to upload, that I could see. So I assumed it would upload when saving. This assumption may be wrong. But I don’t know what else to do.

Could anyone advise how I could improve this so that I can upload audio to a lesson?

Once you “upload” the file, make sure you click “save” or “save and open” on the lesson.

Yes, that is what I did. Could you successfully attach a sound file to a lesson?

Are you sure file you are trying to upload is in mp3 format?

Actually, the output of file does not mention mp3, it mentions mpeg, so I am not sure. I cannot give a screenprint, but this is the output of file:
“2021-02-20-selkosuomeksi-radio.mp3: Audio file with ID3 version 2.4.0, contains:MPEG ADTS, layer III, v1, 192 kbps, 44.1 kHz, Stereo”
Not sure it is mp3, though I named it such. The description is too technical for me.

Please send me url of that lesson and audio file you are trying to import to support(at)lingq.com and I’ll look into it for you.

I will email it to support: this message does not have upload capabilities, does it?

Well!! It appears to be working now. Afaics you guys added some “fakepath” to make it work, right? Awesome! Thank you very much!

1 Like

We haven’t done anything actually. :slight_smile: “Fakepath” always shows up when uploading audio files. But I am glad to hear it works now!