Quality of listening and attention

I perceive that I have more attentive listening while I´m in front of computer just listening to the lesson and lingqying words, or when Im relaxed in sofá or bed.

While Im doing household chores, I think I don´t take much attention to the message.

Did you guys feel the same, or what strategy do you use to get more attention to the message?

I forgot. I feel more attentive too, when I take bus to the college at night. I earn almost 2 hours of listening by doing that.

Repeating the lesson after the speaker helps me listen more attentively. Some people call this “shadowing”. I repeat what I hear as quickly as I can after the recording. If I’m in a public place I don’t do it out loud, but the effect is the same, I listen more carefully.

I try to spend as much time as I can listening attentively but I also try to get as much exposure as possible, so even when I can’t pay close attention I will let a playlist play in the background while I do other things. I think even this can help.

2 Likes

When I am listening, I find that if I am not doing something else, such as household chores or travelling somewhere, I get bored and don’t listen attentively. This is just me though, I am sure you are different.

2 Likes

When I am listening, I find that if I am not doing something else, such as household chores or travelling somewhere, I get bored and don’t listen attentively. This is just me though, I am sure you are different.

I agree with Colin, and always listen while doing other things. If I have time to dedicate exclusively to language larning, I read or LingQ.

2 Likes