Putting the LingQ to a word in English or another language

Hi, sometimes I try to be excessively methodic and sometimes excessively relaxed… So, a few days ago I started to translate every LingQ meaning that I had for the German words into Portuguese (as they were in English). Now I think it takes too much time to translate every word into Portuguese because I need to check the meaning in the paper dictionary. And yet I’m not sure about which is the best way…

So, should I translate it into Portuguese or just see the meaning quickly in the online English dictionary?

A dictionary definition is only a help to learning a word. That is why we call it a Hint. Often it is best to get the hint in your own language, but if you know another language well it is probably just as good to leave the hint in that language. I believe that is the case for you with English.

sorry for delayed response.

Thanks, I think I’ll let everything in English then. Actually I tried to use the Hints in Portuguese during this weekend and it was more difficult because I failed on remembering the meaning of words that I recognized and whose meaning I remembered in English… Even though when I found those words in a text I could understand the ideas they transmitted…