Public Lingqs?

I am pretty sure this question has been discussed before, but I couldn’t find it, so here:
When I create a Lingq and add or change the existing definition/translation, will everybody looking up this word/phrase in the future be able to see what I wrote? And what’s up with the numbers next to the translation when there are several options available? Is this the number of people who have chosen to lingq this specific definition?

I was wondering about this not because I do not want anybody else to see my links, but because if I knew that anybody could, I would keep my definitions and translation in a different tone and wording. Right now I write a lot of “code” that only I will understant out of context, but I would change that if other people can benefit from my Lingqs.

— When I create a Lingq and add or change the existing definition/translation, will everybody looking up this word/phrase in the future be able to see what I wrote?

Yes. Even if you stop being a LingQ member, your created hints for a word or a phrase (not the sentence fragment) will stay in the system.

— And what’s up with the numbers next to the translation when there are several options available?

The numbers seems to show the number of usages of that entry. But maybe I am wrong here…

— I would keep my definitions and translation in a different tone and wording.

But nobody knows that’s from you …
I still see more than 20000 (sometimes also wrong) LingQs that I created or mass-uploaded when I was a paying member here.

— But nobody knows that’s from you …

That’s not the reason for my wanting to adapt my entries for other users, I’m not embarrassed by what I am writing, I just want others to benefit as much as possible from the work I am doing anyway.

Thanks for your answers!

I think you should just create the Hints that help you the most.

Just to be clear…

Yes, your hints are shown to other users. The number in brackets is the number of times the hint has been used by another user. The three hints that have been selected the most by other users are shown in the blue popup. You can see all hints created for this word in the User Hints tab in the LingQ widget and you can click on any one of these hints to replace your current hint with it.

I occasionally go through my lingqs on the vocabulary page and pick a heap of hints which another user has created. (For those which I felt were insufficient.)