Prof Arguelles - 50 languages!

For me, I don’t mind the A1-A2 plateau at all because I don’t have any expectation of myself at that stage with the language. I guess we all have different ways of looking at it.

@Friedemann

No problems, buddy! :wink:

And of course, I was also being a little bit tongue in cheek (as I so often am…)

BTW “tongue in cheek” may be another English turn of phrase for Customic to learn? ;-D

I know “tongue in cheek”! And I love it because it conjures up a funny image whenever I think about it. But I appreciate your thoughtfulness :wink:

And to say something more on the topic: I’ve never experienced anything like A1-A2 plateau, since I seem to learn pretty fast at this level - a lot of common words need to be learnt and because of their popularity I absorb them quite fast. As soon as I learn a basic present, past and future tense, I’m already astonished by how much (relatively, of course) I can say after such little effort put into my studies. I’m happy with every single word I learn and can put to use. But it gets more difficult just round the corner - for me B1-B2 plateau is much worse and it’s harder to persevere. I’m experiencing it currently with my German and I feel as if I was never going to master this language. C1-C2 plateau is more like a relaxing pause after a very long and steep climb for me. I still have a goal for my English, but I don’t rush towards it since I know I’ll achieve it after all I’ve done so far.