Polish Language Learners - Interesting and Compelling Content - Post links to any channels, books, or general content that you have enjoyed for learning Polish

Hey guys, I just wanted to share a recommendation with you: The Netflix cartoon series Kajko i Kokosz. Every episode is about 12 minutes long and the Polish is really clear and somehow repetitive. I was initially a bit unsure about the difficulty of the series because most episodes had more than 30% unknown words, but watching the series I noticed that, though many words indeed were new to me, I didn’t have any problem understanding the gist of what was going on.

Apart from that, I realized that my unknown words count in other Netflix programs I’ve saved but not started yet, dropped immensely due to the descriptions in CC subtitles.

Just another youtube channel thats recently started and has interesting content about travelling.

A really good channel for grammar:

Good luck everyone and I hope your language learning is going well!

Hi everyone, if you need any support, clarification or help with pronunciation - I will be happy to help.

I know how difficult Polish is because I’m a native and thank you for learning it :heart:

Hey everyone I found some new resources :slight_smile:

PŁYNNIE PO POLSKU:

• It’s a great Podcast with transcripts at around B1 level about some really interesting topics

https://plynniepopolsku.pl/

• and a really nice YouTube Channel with videos at different levels.

HELLO POLISH

• nice Podcast with transcripts at different levels A1-C1, they also sell different books

https://www.hellopolish.pl/

SHOPPING BOOKS

GILDIA.PL

• They are selling different kind of books Comics and Mangas. They also ship International, the prices are low from time-to-time they have sales and the shipping costs are the lowest I could find. You can pay via credit card.

SHOPPING EBOOKS

ŚWIATEBOOKÓW.PL

You you can buy from abroad Polish ebooks and you can pay via credit card.

Hope you all are doing well :slight_smile:

Hi, everyone!
My favorite resources for learning polish:

1. Grammar lessons:
  2. Polski z Anią sezon 1 Polski z Anią sezon 1 - YouTube
  3. Polski z Anią sezon 2 Polski z Anią sezon 2 - YouTube
  4. Mówiąc Inaczej - YouTube
  5. Easy Polish - YouTube
  6. Historia bez cenzury - YouTube
    I use Empic Go subscription (Empik Go – aplikacja z audiobookami i ebookami - EMPIK) for reading and listening books but there is one inconvenient thing: the books you got by subscription can’t be imported into LingQ. Only books bought in the Empic shop can be imported into LingQ.
    For example the first book is here Empik.com
    These audiobooks are incredible, real masterpieces. There are different voices with awesome declamation, background sounds such as door creaks, rain noises. It’s a total pleasure, especially if you have a paper book or e-book in order to read and listen simultaneously.

Not taking Polish on here now but I’ve heard “The Witcher” series of books are really great. They might not be perfect for a beginner but definitely something to strive to.

For first reading and listening I chose YA books on purpose because I considered that it may be easier and such books may have modern useful vocabulary for everyday speaking.
My first book in Polish was Czerwień rubinu. Trylogia czasu. Tom 1 by
Gier Kerstin. It was a translation from German. Is Kierstin Gier well known in Germany? There is also a film based on this book.
My first audiobook was Dotyk północy. Tom 1 by
Tulińska Ada. She is a polish writer.

1 Like

Hi everyone, if you need any support, clarification or help with pronunciation - I will be happy to help.

Sorry for my bad Polish, I didn’t use any dictionary or translator to write this :smiley: Mobdro – Download & Install Mobdro APK for Android 2023

Cześć! Thank you @tjbandel for suggesting links to learning Polish. I would like to recomend to anyone also trying to learn Polish the YouTube channel Learn Polish with Monika. Monika is so patient,clear, and easy to follow. Check “playists” if you are confused where to start. Currently I am a very beginner and am plowing through her Basic Polish playlist. So helpfu! I hope this helps anyone trying to learn Polish. Good luck!

For intermediate/advanced students I have two recommendations of intercultural Polish podcasts:

1. Cosmo po polsku

This radio show and podcast comes from the German Public Broadcasting service, ARD. It covers a wide variety of topics that span both sides of the German-Polish border and everything in between. The content includes interviews, movie reviews, political discussions, and everyday life topics. Episodes typically last between 20-30 minutes and are perfect for upper intermediate learners.

2. Quién eres América?

This podcast offers a wealth of engaging content, mostly focusing on the Americas, particularly Latin America. Although it includes several snippets in Spanish and English, the shorter episodes are typically in Polish. A word of caution: the transcriptions, generated by Whisper AI, often lag and are filled with errors, making the podcast more challenging to follow. Moreover, the speed of the podcast is quite fast, which makes it more suitable for advanced learners. However, intermediate learners might still find it worth a shot due to its compelling content.