Please Reconsider Adding Hindi

a lot of promises from lingq but no action with this world language. Can we have a date for this language to start?

No, we canā€™t know the exact date upfront. We will add Hindi as soon as we have enough content ready for it (the Mini Stories) but itā€™s really not possible to know the date upfront. The day it gets added is the earliest possible date it could be added on.

If itĀ“s a work in progress, can you tell us how much it has been translated? For me the stories are so short that it could be quickly done and it doesnĀ“t justify so much delay, if you already have people doing that.
Do you need more volunteers? I can try to ask some of my Indian acquaintances.

Nothing delivered from volunteers so far.
Next languages will be added after LingQ upgrade to version 5.0 which should be this spring. Next languages in line are Georgian and probably Vietnamese. Hopefully until then we will get something in Hindi too.

I am starting Hindi next year probably and so adding it will be very helpful.

Hi zoran! Iā€™m excited. Can you tell us something about LingQ 5.0? Did I miss anything? A link to a post would be ok too. Thank you!

Lot of new features and improvements are coming. We keep them as secret for now. :wink:

Thank you, Iā€™ll be patient!

I would love to see Hindi on the site as well. Itā€™s kind of surprising that it hasnā€™t been added yet.

I know right, I canā€™t believe I made this forum post 8 months ago and there is still no progress or update. :unamused:

Having previously tried to cajole some friends into helping with Hindi, with no noticeable success, I wonder if it wouldnā€™t be worth a bunch of us pooling our resources to pay people to do the translations. I would certainly be happy to chip in something to help get Hindi running on LingQ; would anyone else be willing to pledge, like, a dollar per story translated or something in that ballpark, and hopefully between us we can raise enough to make it worth someoneā€™s while?

Any more progress made? Am planning on starting hindi soon and would love to use lingq