Please check my essay

My essay write about the lord of flies - Golding’s novel : the character impresse me most.

The lord of flies.

The lord of the flies is a famous novel of William Golding. The story begins in World War II when a plane carrying a group of English boys was shot down and it lands on a deserted island. Golding shows us the war between the good and evil in the soul of people. Jack – a character in the novel – impresses me the most. I attracted by some symbols of him. 

The first symbol : he broke the rule. They try to change the island to a place with civilization. The rule was created : the person who holds the conch has the right to speak due to the fact, and Jack broke it.

"Piggy's got the conch."
  "That’s right – favor Piggy as you always do……"
  "Jack!"
  "The rules!" shouted Ralph, "you're breaking the rules!"
  "Who cares?"
  Ralph summoned his wits.
  Because the rules are the only thing we've got" 

The second is when they elected one of the boys. Ralph defeats Jack to become the leader. Jack had been some signs of the evil. The evil in him controlled his actions by letting him ask for revenge no matter what the method was. He forms a new tribe altogether, fully immersing himself in the savagery of the hunt.

The third important symbol is the fictional beast which frightens the boys. Jack becomes fond of hunting animals. He also painted his face like a barbarian.  People control the evilness in them by using their brain, but the beast make their sense become blind. Jack’s camp wanted to hunt, to kill many animals and beast. The difference between animals and humans is that humans can think and have rules, but this was lost on the island. When Simon – a character – comes back to the group, but the boys fail to recognize him and brutally kill him. They couldn't recognize who he was, because they just killed a pig, the beast made they lose their control and this was the first time they kill a living thing. Jack turned into a total savage.

There is always a struggle with in every human between the good and evil. That is the message Golding want to convey in the novel. People use their brain to control their action. If they would not live in a well educated environment, they can become savage.

Welcome to LingQ!

I will be very happy to check it for you and write you a full report. Just submit it as a piece of writing for correction. Click on the “write” tab and follow the instructions. You will need to buy some points.

If you want your writing corrected regularly then it is cheaper to upgrade your membership to Basic level or even Plus or Premium level.

I wish you all the best with your English studies,

Helen.

But I’m in Vietnam. How can I buy points? May it free?

Being in Vietnam’s not a problem, if you have a credit card or a bank account or even Paypal I think.

Click on “Buy points” at the top right on this page. I guess your essay will cost about 500 points, that’s …erm…a few American dollars. It’s not very expensive, and you need only pay for what you use.

Would I be allowed to correct this essay without being a tutor?

I don’t want to step on anybodies toes here, but I am new, and not sure of the protocols.

I thought I read somewhere that tutors require points, but if people post questions on the general message board, it is left up to the other members to help them. Did I understand that correctly?

Is there a place on the forum that explains these protocols?

There is nothing to prevent members arranging to help each other directly, either correcting each other’s writing or exchanging discussions in their languages. For all I know our members already do so.

Writing correction via the Forum is not a part of the LingQ program. It is not how we would like the Forum to be used. Members can ask questions here, but I do not want to see full blown correcting here.

We prefer a model where our members become tutors, and offer their services to all of our members. We have our own fomat fo writing correction and discussion reports which integrate with the LingQ system. We want to stick with that. We think this will, in the long run, lead to better quality tutoring and ensure ongoing commitment.

Thanks for the response Steve… Like I said…I don’t want to step on any toes.