'Paging moves to known' should be set to 'off' by default

As I have seen others asking for something like this as well, this would be a feature where blue words don’t change, nothing changes BUT you can’t click on the lesson as read otherwise all blue words turn as known. I wouldn’t even know how to fix this.

I personally don’t want to change settings all the time and my settings are that blue words turn as known when we turn pages.
If I would like to quickly read+listening a lesson without that feature, I simply DON’T. I repeat another lesson I have available for those occasions.

yes, an “undo” would probably fix this problem for everyone that does this by mistake. Sometimes, it could happen even to experienced people, if we click in the wrong corner and the page moves, turning all blue words as known. However, I have seen an improvement on this regard because now I have noticed a longer delay when we turn a page, so if we quickly go back, none of the words would turn.
I have no idea if this is consistent amongst devices.

1 Like

Yes! I specifically want, the first one or two times through a lesson, or when previewing a lesson, to be able to listen along to the lesson audio (the one at the bottom left corner of the screen, at least in firefox/windows) while uninterruptedly paging through sentence view. And while doing this, I don’t want any of the blue words to change to “known” when I move to each next sentence, nor do I want to be prompted to deal with a list of blue words every time I move to the next sentence.

I’ll add this as a feature to something… (i’ll also redesign the finish lesson button to not move words to known on a toggle). Possibly add an alert popup if you have new words in the lesson and you click the Finish button. (This would also have a toggle to not alert me anymore)

I figured out how to mark words new again… see the example pictures below. I’ll add some feature to 1. mark an entire page new, 2. mark an entire lesson new, 3. Undo an accidental lesson finish or page turn Lingqing.

2 Likes

Isn’t this already possible in the “karaoke” mode?

You mean the one from Rooster?

No, the one in “vanilla” LingQ. The button I’ve highlighted in the screenshot (or, on mobile, the arrow pointing up), when you play the lesson audio.

Screenshot karaoke mode

1 Like

Good to know! (Post must be at least 20 characters)