Offline/spotty internet syncing problems

I’m traveling and have been using lingq offline a fair amount. Well offline and very spotty internet signal. The changes I made to words offline do not properly register when there is internet. The words are in a weird middle ground, where they still show blue no matter what level i gave them, and i dont think its updating the word count. To fix a word I have delete the word and re-add it (simply changing a level does nothing), which is incredibly annoying and time consuming after a long reading session… updates should be done in an all-or-nothing fashion and retried when stable internet is available. Attached is an example.

1 Like

I have also had problems with using LingQ offline or with spotty Internet. Mainly I’d go through an entire lesson offline, reading and lingQing, then when I reconnect, sometimes it wouldn’t have saved my lingQs or Known Words or ignored words. I couldn’t nail down the exact cause though. For this reason, I consider that LingQ offline reading is simply not functional. I gave up doing it. Now when I don’t have Internet access, I only listen to the LingQ playlist. I also bought a Netflix subscription as a way to study offline, as you can easily download movies with quality subtitles.

1 Like

Whenever I’ve had to do offline lessons, it just took 10-20 minutes of being back online and then everything synced up. Not ideal, but it did fix itself eventually. I don’t know if this would happen consistently though since I’ve only ever used offline/downloaded lessons maybe 2-3 times, so maybe I just got lucky.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting this. I asked our team to look into it.

1 Like