Number of words in an imported text

1. Is it possible to set a lower number than 2000 when an imported text is automatically split into parts? When a text is long but hard I’d rather do it in parts of a 1000 words each or even fewer. Is there such an option or could it be implemented? What do you think about it?

2. Where can I see the number of words in a lesson in the new view?

Thanks!

That’s a nice suggestion. I support it but, as far as I know, it’s not possible to change the limit in the current version of Lingq.

I think an automatic split is always a second-rate solution. It is better to split the text before you import it.

Hi algiegray,

1. Lessons will be automaticaly splitted into parts on 2000 words, and there is no way to change it to 1000 or any other number. You can do that manually, if you copy-paste text from program which shows you number of words.

2. You can see number of words in a lesson if you click on blue “i” sign, right after lesson title.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

You’re absolutely right. Otherwise a single final sentence can be split in the middle. However, I find doing it manually to be rather inconvenient with a hundred thousand word text and a language learning tool serves me and not the other way around.

That’s a real pity! Everything’s clear now. Thanks!