Non-supported language online dictionary

hi there,

i want to ask a question regarding the pop-up dictionary when using a language slot for a non-supported language. is there any way to manually select the language that the selected text is translated from and to? specifically, i’m using the english slot to learn czech, and though i have changed the target language to czech, so that when the dictionary pops up i select the googletranslate button and then press the ‘reverse’ button in googletranslate for a result, i’m just wondering whether there’s a way to simply change the settings so that a translation would pop up for my lingqs without these intermediate steps. i’m not computer savvy unfortunately, so i’m not sure whether this request is blindingly simple or outrageously complex…

thanks!

ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

The complication here is actually that the dictionary will be doing English-Czech because you are in the English language slot on LingQ. Probably the best thing to do would be to wait for beta languages and then you can start studying Czech in the Czech slot without worrying too much about dictionary troubles :slight_smile:

thanks for that super-fast response alex!

beta languages sounds great. i must admit that i sometimes have trouble navigating the forum so i’m never quite sure if new developments are just around the corner and i simply don’t know where to look to read about them. will it be possible to transfer all of my imported czech lessons out of the english slot and into the czech slot in one fell swoop?

what is the timeline for beta languages? i’m sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. i have a forum searching apraxia!

ondrej

We don’t have a set timeline for beta languages, as we don’t want to set any targets that we can’t keep, but we would like to have them up as soon as possible.
It’s actually the same for most other features, because there will be inevitable delays or bugs to be fixed. Plus, we like to keep you all on your toes :stuck_out_tongue:

At the moment, I don’t know if you’ll be able to transfer all your lessons. That is something we will have to look at to see how difficult it might be. However, for now I would say to expect that they won’t be transfered over. If you can, then that’ll just be an added bonus :slight_smile:

i’m on my toes and right on the edge of my seat at the same time!

thanks for the clarification :slight_smile: