New reprint of "Mein Kampf" in Germany

It looks like there is going to be a new reprint of Hitler’s hate-filled book, “Mein Kampf” - published in Germany for the very first time since 1945.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/uproar-over-first-german-post-war-reprint-mein-061257723.html

Opinions seem to be divided on this: some point to the historical value of the book, and its importance in understanding the NSDAP (apparently there is even a Hebrew translation of the book to this end.) But others fear that it could help to stir up a new wave of Anti-Semitism in German speaking parts of Europe.

Personally I think it is better to allow freedom of speech - even for books like this.

What do other guys think?

I agree. I highly doubt that neo-nazis are unable to find copies of the book.

What I find even more peculiar is that they are now serialising reprints of newspapers which appeared during the Nazi years, advertising the “collection” along the lines of ‘read it as it happened, build your very own library, be a witness of XYZ - each issue will have a full ‘blah, blah, blah’ for you to enjoy’.

I cannot see much merit in a reprint of My Kampf for historical reasons. Furthermore, I doubt that many of his followers would be able to follow the diatribe. (I may be a bit prejudiced here, I know). All I can say, each to his own.

Banning a book simply fetishizes it’s content, and gives power to the ideas it espouses. Freedom of speech all the way. Let a man speak and show himself to be a fool; I want to know exactly what my enemies say and exactly why I disagree with them.