New problem with Hungarian orthographic input

I have never been able to simply type the complete Hungarian alphabet into the Lingq website from my keyboard. I have instead resorted to copying from the Google translator and pasting into the Lingq windows.
I have recently found that this workaround is no longer an option
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 14.09.58
Screen Shot 2023-07-28 at 14.02.56

Thanks, we will see what we can do about it.

And while you are doing that, here is yet another problem that has recently come about. Some words now are by default unlingqable’ There was once an empty cell into which I could type in a definition of my choosing. Now I must choose from a set of prompts and then overtype one of them, crossing fingers that the edit takes. Is this latest update supposed to somehow be an improvement?
Screen Shot 2023-08-05 at 08.57.18

2 Likes

Thanks, we will check that too.

Continuing with the theme of snafus, I was slightly annoyed when I found that I was able to edit lingqs. I made the corrections, hit return and then saw the newly edited appear briefly before they reverted back.
I became thoroughly annoyed with this latest problem when I also discovered that I was suddenly unable to Lingq in new saved meanings, or sometimes only partially! I cannot for the life of me understand how an internet service can so routinely introduce new difficulties

1 Like

I cannot capture an image of this problem. The edit function no longer allows for any revisions

I’m noticing the identical problem, I can’t add new LinQ’s nor edit existing ones, maybe a minor issue for popular languages like French with tons of input, but on say Romanian or Armenian the “popular meanings” for words are frequently misleading, narrow or just wrong.

As an aside, is there a way to manually add dictionaries to languages? I want to add Wiktionary to start, Armenian currently only has Google Translate, which isn’t very good for it.

2 Likes