My account does not have access to the materials

“An error has occurred while processing your request. Depending on the type of error, it may be automatically logged and reviewed by our team so please retry your request in a few minutes. If you are still getting this error message after a few minutes, please email us at support@lingq.com

My account does not have access to the materials. The caption appears when the personal computer access on the website. Named mail at no reply. I paid the money, but I can not get the service

Hi Datunia,
I’ve responded to both of your emails right after we received them. I’ve seen that you have replied few minutes ago to one of my emails, so I guess that you didn’t noticed it. :slight_smile:
I was able to login to your account and reproduce the issue. I will report it right away to our development team and they will do their best to fix the issue as soon as possible. We’ll also make sure to extend your Premium membership.
Thanks for your patience!

Hi again Datunia,
We’ve fixed the issue and your account should now work properly again. Let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.