LingQ would you consider adding an Advanced 3 and Advanced 4 milestones with ribbons?

LingQ would you consider adding an Advanced 3 and Advanced 4 milestones with ribbons?

3 Likes

I wonder how many users with an Advanced 2 actually feel that their comprehension level is that high.
I recently reached the Advance II for Polish and while I have to say that I already have quite fluent conversations and unterstand most of native media, this would be more like a B2/C1.

4 Likes

Last year I was taken aback when LingQ raised the bar on its Known Words requirements.

I’m now within 6000 words of Advanced 2 in French. I consider myself a solid Intermediate reader – little output as yet – but if Advanced 2 is supposed to correspond to CEFR C2, I’m pretty sure I’m nowhere near.

2 Likes

Yes, they have increased the bar for those categories but they didn’t do it too much to avoid backlash (which already happened when they changed the previous ones). Unfortunately, a part from few cases, the reality is more in what you are all saying. It’s not there yet, the bar is higher than the current numbers. Either it could be fixed by adding advanced 3 and 4, and let users know about it, or they should correct the numbers again.

3 Likes

At least for me and probably other users. Having a big goal like reaching Advanced 1 or Advanced 2 is so motivating and fun to try and reach! I feel like it wouldn’t be too hard for LingQ to implement more levels.

2 Likes

We will be adding additional Advanced levels in an upcoming update.

9 Likes

Woo Wooooo!! :slightly_smiling_face: Thank you for letting us know!

1 Like