LingQ sound not working!

With Google changing some things on their end, it affected the TTS. We’re making some adjustments to have it working again.

And how about the exchange page that has nothing to do with Google? We’ve been forced to look at the French stuff for a week now!

Hi everyone,
We are really sorry about this. Our team is already working on this issue, and we hope to have it fixed soon. Thanks a lot for your patience and sorry once again!

Hi Evgueny, removing TTS was only related to lessons which audios were completely created by TTS and not spoken by humans.

Just to clarify, there is nothing wrong with the regular audio files and audio player on the lesson page. You can play these and download them like before. It is just the text to speech function on the blue and yellow panes and on the activities which has been affected. We use Google’s service for this and they have implemented some restrictions on this service recently, without warning, that prevent it from working. We recognize that this is a heavily used feature and we are working to find an alternative solution as quickly as possible. But, it is a significant task and may take a little time.

Thanks for your patience.

This issue should now be resolved. Please refresh your page and try again. Thanks for your patience everyone.

It seems like each sound (word or phrase) is played in a slower pace.

Hi Mark, thanks for the update.

Just so you know, this problem is still there on my iPad app at least.

Ahh…thanks benjimino. We will try to get that fixed as soon as possible but there we will have to wait for it to be approved by the itunes app store which takes quite a few days.

No problem!

I’ll use the site if I need the TTS for now.

Thank you!

No problem! Thank you!

It still not working in dictation

Please send this errors to support @ lingq.com (without apace)because they don’t read those all posts. I wrote to them at the begining and then they noticed the error.

again: the e-mail address is
support @ lingq.com (writen without spaces)

I agree and it is now another day without this valuable feature. Although I have now sent a request for information to support I am surprised that an issue so fundamental has not been flagged and addressed by support as one that merits a status post from them, allowing everyone to understand what is going on, without people resorting to individuals email to them chasing an update.

They have updated us.

They are pulling the audio from Google Translate. There was a problem initially due to Google changing. The problem will persist in the app until a fix is approved.

Given that the audio on Google translate has been slowed, it is also present here on LingQ by the looks of it.

I don’t agree. Google voice is faster then on LingQ web. It is clear as day.
Best
PiotrK

The voice is also very slow in flashcards on web page.
However the voice is in normal speed in Android app.
In sum, the problem is on the whole web page.

I agree with you. The reason is that they probably don’t have enough people in development teem.

There was no sound at all on the site some hours ago. It later came back with the same slow one.