Lingq single words or expressions

Hi,

I’m learning Portuguese with LingQ. Until last week I used an old computer with an old version of Firefox. With that browser it was not possible to mark several words in a text and lingq them together as one expression.

With my new computer (and new operating system and new Firefox :wink: ) I am now able to do so. But now I’m wondering: Is it better to lingq longer expressions together, so that I can practice e. g. short sentences as vocabulary, or should I only do this where it is absolutely necessary.

Example: “Asso carne de porco no forno.”

I could lingq “carne” and “porco” separately, or I could lingq “carne de porco” together or I could lingq the whole sentence, because this could help me to remember the preposition (which is not that difficult in this example, but anyway…).

What do you prefer?

Kind regards,
Kathi

@Kathi_W - I think it’s good to LingQ carne and porco separately but then to also link “carne de porco” together if you would like to learn that phrase. Identifying natural phrasing and then saving and trying to learn it is a great way to sound more fluent and natural when you speak. I don’t think LingQing the whole sentence is that useful since you are unlikely to re-use the whole sentence but short phrases are a key building block of the language and learning them allows you to put together flowing sentences more easily.

Hi mark,

I did not know, that both was possible. I thought, once lingqed, the expression was “blocked” for another lingqing. So thank you for that advice, I do both know in my times and feel very comfortable that way :slight_smile:

Thanks!
Kathi