LingQ is slow on longer imported (+40min) Youtube-video lessons

Hey fellow LingQ users,

I am at a point in my language learning journey where I enjoy learning from long interviews (+40mins) that I usually import from YouTube.

The problem is that on those long-term videos, LingQ is extremely slow and laggy. This problem doesn’t exist in lessons based on shorter YouTube videos.

Any idea how to fix it? I have already tried deleting the video-sync from the lesson, since I don’t really need it, but the lessons are still very laggy. Could the problem due to too many paragraphs generated from YouTube-imported videos? I’ve noticed that LingQ creates its own paragraph from each sentence in YouTube-imported lessons.

Any ideas on what to do to reduce the lagging?

Thanks a lot!

1 Like

Maybe the whole thing has something to do with the fact that short videos are short and long ones are long?

1 Like

Well deducted @DJTembo !

However, my question was more about possible ways to fix this issue - if there are any.

1 Like

I don’t know if it’s related but I find that in these days every lesson is longer to load compared to few days ago.

1 Like

Probably unrelated to OP. I believe his issue is too many word elements on the page which is likely just a performance of the code/browser/device issue.

I reported this yesterday as well. Lessons are sometimes timing out and taking >1 minute to return data. After a short time a load of resources rush in and the data returns instantly for the next few lessons.

You could try the Rooster Reader or Rooster Youtube Tools extensions. I can give you a free trial if interested

2 Likes

Same issue here, load timeouts or very slow loading today. Doesn’t matter which lesson though

1 Like

Yes, but this is something new that wasn’t happening in the previous weeks. The lessons I have are the same length as before, nothing has changed because it’s from the same books/lessons already uploaded. But now some of them are slow, or they display a json problem, and I need to refresh a few times to get it working.

I don’t seem to have a pattern to share. I’ll keep monitoring it.

1 Like

Right, this issue started a couple days ago. I believe my resources explanation is correct. Some sort of scale up / down of individual user queries. I noticed you can’t query LINGQ data without authentication anymore.

2 Likes

We were doing some maintenance and that’s the reason site was slower than usual for a period of time. Things should be back to normal now.

2 Likes