LingQ-ing of words with or without "-"

If I have a LingQ “petite-fille”, then it will connect this LingQ also with “petite fille” (without “-”).

I am unable to create manually a LingQ “petite fille” (it will open ““petite-fille””), or force the system to use two LingQs “petite” and “fille”.

Is this a bug or a feature :slight_smile: ??

I’m not sure I understand the problem. Either petite fille and petite-fille will be considered as different words or as the same word by our system. In either case, somebody will complain that they want it the other way. In fact, I don’t really see that it matters much since it is undoubtedly a rare occurence. Why would you not want the two expressions tied together?

That’s true. However, we either have to consider hyphenated words as one word or as two words. If they are considered as one word, some will complain that they want to LingQ one or the other word and are prevented from doing so because the system sees it as one word. In this case, the fact that the system sees it as two words is causing a problem. We can’t win here unfortunately. :slight_smile: Therefore, since this situation occurs more infrequently, I recommend you add a separate meaning in the hint to help clarify.