Lebe an jedem Tage so, . .

Last Tuesday I was in a cabin of a jet plane flying to Tokyo. I was memorizing a German sentence “Lebe an jedem Tage so, als ob es dein letzter sei,” which was the last example sentence from a book, “Bausteine der deutschen Sprache.” At that time, there was an announcement. That began with usual descriptions of the altitude and speed of the plane. After that, the pilot mentioned the air plane accident on August 12th, 1985, which killed 520 people on board. He said that he would never forget the accident to secure the safety of air travel. I forgot that August 12th is the day when the jet plane, which left Tokyo and was bound for Osaka, crashed on the mountain between Gunma Prefecture and Nagano Prefecture 29 years ago.

Last Tuesday I was in a cabin of a jet plane flying to Tokyo. I was memorizing a German sentence “Lebe an jedem Tage so, als ob es dein letzter sei,” which was the last example sentence from a book, “Bausteine der deutschen Sprache.” At that time, there was an announcement. It began with the usual descriptions of the altitude and speed of the plane. After that, the pilot mentioned the air plane accident on August 12th, 1985, which killed 520 people on board. He said that he would never forget the accident to secure the safety of air travel. I forgot that August 12th is the day when the jet plane, which left Tokyo and was bound for Osaka, crashed on the mountain between Gunma Prefecture and Nagano Prefecture 29 years ago.

“Lebe an jedem Tage so, . . .” - dann sollte ich mich besser nicht hier im Forum aufhalten, sondern etwas Schöneres tun.

Gibt es etwas Schöneres?

1 Like

Ja, er will dein Blog lesen.

1 Like

Ist das etwa ein Kompliment? Da sag ich ganz schnell danke! I love my blog, any visitor is welcome and will be gratefully received. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did the pilot’s comment reassure you and your fellow passengers?

With tea and biscuits? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Seit den Änderungen in der LingQ-Forum-Software und den endlosen Captchas gibt es wahrhaft Schöneres!

“Did the pilot’s comment reassure you and your fellow passengers?”
He reassured us that they would put maximum effort into the safety of air travel.

and? Did you feel reassured or did you wish he hadn’t mentioned that dreadful event?

I hoped that the German sentence would not apply at that time.

Nice one!