Learning a new language quickly

Hi Guys,

I would like to know if a person with a full time job can learn a new language up to conversational frequency in a short duration. If yes, please provide some tips or hacks or routines that can be employed so that conversational frequency can be achieved.

Thanks,

Hi Darinnew! I personally think the only way to be able to communicate quickly in a new language is immersion and huge need to communicate. It also depends on the differences between the language you already speak and the new language. If they are close, then you’ll be able to communicate sooner. if you really need the language and you have a lot of opportunity to use it, then you’ll learn it. But real fluency won’t come in a couple of weeks.

If there’s no real necessity for you to speak the language, you can always try to create a sort of immersion. But then, from my point of view the most important is to enjoy what we’re leanring. And if we do, why should we do it quicly?

I really like this video about how we can learn any language in 6 months. How to learn any language in six months | Chris Lonsdale | TEDxLingnanUniversity - YouTube