Learning a little Italian opportunity

I have a friend who wants to learn to teach languages online. She’s going to teach a practice lesson in beginning Italian Tuesday night (Jan. 10) at 8 pm eastern time (New York time). She needs some students to come in and pretend to be her class. Is anyone interested in doing this? It’s free and would really help her out. She’ll be using a language method called TPRS (Teaching Proficiency through Reading and Storytelling). It’s a fun way to learn and the reading and listening here on LingQ goes right along with it. If you’d like to help her out, go to Your Account Has Expired. a few minutes before the time it is going to start and log in as a guest. Although you don’t have to speak English to do this, she’ll be using translation from Italian to English for some words (she’s a native Spanish-speaker, though, so she could translate into Spanish too). If she likes doing this, she might even do one in Spanish later on.

I assume she is looking for beginning students of Italian? I’d love to help but since I’ve been speaking the language for years I don’t think I’m the target student.

From what I understand of TPRS being able to physically interact with the teacher, or at least see their actions is an important part of the learning system, as students will learn vocabulary by seeing actions done by the teacher while she is explaining it (in the target language of course). Will there be video of her or how will this visual information be presented?

The webinar software will all interaction, but yes, that’s a big part of the problem. A major part of TPRS is teaching to the eyes and it makes it tough when you can’t see the students’ eyes. Actually, seeing the actions is more TPR (Total Physical Response). TPRS is mostly about building a story together with the students. I’m not sure exactly what structures she’ll be teaching, but I think it’s going to be incorporating family vocabulary. She has the option of using a webcam, but I don’t think she will this time. The webinar software allows for pictures, PowerPoints, audio, and video, and she’ll have a worksheet for the students to download. I’ve used it before to teach a beginning Spanish class, and it turned out pretty well. It’s not as much fun as a live class of students, but it is a pretty useful webinar software. It works on Flash so most computers can access it. If you know of anyone who is interested, I’d like to get several people there. TPRS is a lot more fun when you have students adding into it.

Could you tell what time will be exacly in Europe? Jan 10 at 2 a.m , am I right?

Here you go. I think if you go to this link, it will tell you what time it is in lots of different places.
http://bit.ly/wSGqy5