Language Learning Survey 2021

Hi all,

I am putting together a survey about language learning in 2021. The purpose is to provide information on what languages people are focusing on, what tools they are using etc.

The results - barring any given personal information - will be posted on my blog - linguistmag.com.

It’s an 8-minute survey, and since I know everyone is busy, there’s a $100 Amazon gift card giveaway. The winner of the giveaway will be announced in March 2022.

If you’d like to participate, the link is here:
https://linguist.pub/2021Survey

3 Likes

Anyways it was well designed so I submitted it.

1 Like

Hi! Nice survey, just submitted my answers.

One minor point though, I couldn’t skip the question about the proficiency of one’s teacher, but I’m self studying and don’t have one.

1 Like

Completed and submitted.

1 Like

Thanks so much!

Thanks so much for submitting and letting me know. I’ll update that question ASAP.

Thanks so much. ^^

Completed :slight_smile:

I was expecting a question if we knew other languages. Because sometimes we are studying one language but at the same time improving and maintaining many others. So the time available would be actually split but it’s ok, I answered for the one language I’m more focused right now.

1 Like

Completed,

but I didn’t understand following question :slight_smile: It could be just me, but if not, u may wanna rephrase it.

1 Like

Thanks so much! I’ll consider rephrasing it.

The question means:

1. Is there something that you wish your had in language learning? For example. Do you want to visit the country, do you need more audio examples, more books on a certain topic, etc?

Thanks so much for taking the survey and for your feedback. I plan to do this every year, so I’ll make sure to add more questions for those learning multiple languages. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very well. Also, consider giving some description of something that could be different depending on the country. For example adding (master degree or doctorate on graduate school) or what’s a K12. So it’s easier from people all over the world to answer without searching for clarifications. :slight_smile:

It’s a good plan to do it very year.