Language Learning Exercise #4

Hello, Everyone! My username is Kwall1. I am a Latin learner, and I love to learn languages. I’ve seen people do this on other forums and I wanted to begin a language exercise. This is not for fluent speakers only, and anyone can reply.
Here’s how this goes: I am going to post a question—or two. Anyone can answer in the language that they are learning. I can correct those who are learning English or Latin. But since this is an open exercise, I would appreciate it if people would correct each other. For example, if you are learning French, and someone replies in French, please correct them—if their translation is wrong. You can also reach me on this thread if you have any questions about Latin or English.
Here’s today’s question: What is your favorite food from another country? What country is it from?
The first 5 to reply will have their names listed on the leaderboard.

1. kimojima_

If you have any questions, please ask! We are all language learners here, and all of us are here to support and help each other. This exercise is daily: so please look out for it.
If you have any questions you would like me to ask, please suggest them in the comments below. I would be glad to put them in. Just make sure it would be easy to answer for a beginner in another language.
Valete and GOOD LUCK!

Meum ventum cibum est panes cum butyro. Panes est ubique, sed Romae comederunt panem saepe.

スパゲッティを食べるのが好きです. それはイタリア料理です

I LOVE spaghetti. We don’t have it often, and usually we have meat sauce, but it’s a real treat! What kind of cheese do you like to have on it? I know parmesan is the common cheese, but I think mozzarella is great too.
スパゲティ大好き 私たちは頻繁にそれを持っていない、と通常、私たちはミートソースを持っていますが、それは本当の御馳走です! あなたはそれにどのようなチーズを持っているのが好きですか? 私はパルメザンチーズが一般的なチーズであることを知っていますが、私はモッツァレラも素晴らしいと思います。

Shredded, not grated, parmesan. I lightly grill a few meatballs and then boil the pasta for 6 minutes. I empty the water, add tomato sauce, basil, garlic, and the meatballs and shredded parm. I warm everything in that pan so it’s piping hot. I pair the dish with a Delirium, a Fin du Monde, or an Andygator. それは御馳走です

1 Like

Hi, thanks for replying! Sounds super yummy: I come from a larger family, so it’s hard to make meatballs every time we have spaghetti.
Edit: Here’s the link to the next (today’s) exercise: Language Learning Exercise #5 - Language Forum @ LingQ