Krashen

thanks! im right now checking now the video “what everything should know about second language adquisition”. looks interesting

check out this lecture on the video embeded on the page: Resources – Tea With BVP

Im going to check it this weekend because in the metro couldnt hear it good. Thanks a lot for the video. All this info is very useful.

When I researched my book and in the early days of LingQ (or " The Linguist" as it was then ) I read tons of books on language acquisition and applied linguistics, in a variety of languages. Most are overly complicated and explain little other than the teacher’s desire to control what the learner does. Krashen’s work is worth all of the others combined. Simple, easy to understand, brilliant, and supported by research. He is a giant.

Currently the theories say that teacher shoulndt be the center of class, must be the students. That means the students should speak more than teacher, and they should be the center. But that leads to an input of bad quality because they listen each other.

The video is pretty technical. He raises some interesting points. He refers to Chomsky’s Universal Grammar theory. If you go to the soundcloud archive, Bill VanPatten has a podcast interview with Krashen

Steve, your interview with krashen was very cool. it convinced me to use lingq!

Glad to hear it. Thanks.

Students really don’t need to speak that much. We should focus more on comprehension.