Known words list does not match Total Words Known Icon

There is a large discrepancy between the number of words known in the vocabulary list filter (95) and the total words known icon (flag). (407). why is this? Can it be changed? I do not know 407 words.

1 Like

Known words total include all words marked as known - the ones you marked as known on the lesson page directly (blue to white) + words you have saved in Vocabulary and moved to status 4.
So, your saved LingQs on status 4 (or checkmarked) are just a part of your Known words total, because you can make words known directly in a lesson without saving them to Vocabulary first.

2 Likes

I’m curious on the reason for this as it’s kind of confusing. Status 5 description is “Known”. Status 4 description is “Learned”. Why would “Learned” be considered “Known”? Probably more to the point is what is the purpose of Status 4 in the first place if not a further level of “unknown”? Learned would imply known, but then why have it in that case? I’d be curious how most people use that status.

I used to use it as a further refinement of “unknown” but now just go from status 3 to 5.

1 Like

I use status 4 but never status 5. Because this way I know which words I have actually known as learned words (status 4)are underlined so for me it is much easier to track them down then let’s say make them known by choosing status 5 - when you choose status 5 they become white(without underline), Therefore, it is nearly impossible to track them down and you do not know if you ever looked them up before. That’s what I think about which I learned through the trial and error process.

3 Likes

A word becomes known when it moves from status 3 to status 4. The green check only means it will no longer be added to your Daily LingQs.

2 Likes