June Goals and Advancing

I was able to import the Simpson’s from youtube and I am enjoying the videos. I only wish my school would purchase Lingq for my students. I will continue to use the program in hopes that I will learn enough Spanish during the next few months that they might allow me to use this as a pilot program next year. Thank you so much for the support Ludirou!

I owe you some English lessons! I might try and create new lessons for next year and you can be my test student :slight_smile:

I have been learning spanish for a couple of years now.
I’m just enjoying this long journey of learning another language…
I now know around 20k words, so I would say I’m at a intermediate level . My learning is very casual as I spend 2 hours a day either on lingq, listening to podcasts.
Films and programmes on Netflix…
Spanish music , Especially the pop group Mecano…
At the gym listening to the radio ,improving my listening skills…
I don’t like to feel that I have to study. i.e (Course books) As I was never any good at school… This would put me off from learning

2 Hours is a lot! I wouldn’t say that is casual. Great Job Loopy Lewis! :slight_smile:

June has passed and I am sharing my goals and successes. I went to Mexico for about a week and had a great time. I continued to use LingQ daily but only enough to hit my daily goals. I reached 11,000 words and hope to find 2,000 more words this month. I found some children’s leveled readers from National Geographic that I added to my collection. I gave English books away in Mexico, attended a birthday party with a new friend, and was able to communicate a little bit better and understand all of the COVID protocols because I did read many COVID related articles from Mexico.

These are my numbers so far but not all of my reading, speaking, or listening is counted as that takes time for me to log. I hope this month I will do a better job at logging my time. I have started a word wall in the office focusing on words that I am struggling with and phrases that my students struggle with.
For the month of July I have added a story learning program to my wealth of language programs that focuses on reflexive verbs. When my little students come I will be adding reflexive verbs to their lessons weekly lessons :slight_smile:

• 11098known words13200
  • 14422LingQs8800
  • 2035LingQs Learned2520
  • :camera:313.8Hours of Listening216
  • :camera:192902Words of Reading130700
  • :camera:198Words of Writing5400
  • :camera:15.5Hours of Speaking