Is there an easy way to import Kindle books?

I downloaded the plugin but wasn’t able to load it into Calibre its saying its an invalid Plugin.

Never mind I got the plugin onto Calibre. restarted Calibre, but still getting the DRM message.

Sorry Mark…I probably made things more confusing by using the instructions from a different page…I’ll modify above, but essentially if you grabbed the zip file from the first link above the file is named DeDRM_tools_6.7.0.zip. Unzip this file, then go into the unzipped directory structure into the “DeDRM_calibre_plugin” directory and the plugin that you will install into calibre is in there…“DeDRM_plugin.zip”. Hope that works!

https://github.com/apprenticeharper/DeDRM_tools/releases/download/v6.7.0/DeDRM_tools_6.7.0.zip

Mark, I can’t do it either. I actually have an ORIGINAL Kindle Fire (yeah, it’s an antique!) and Amazon won’t allow a download of the text to my computer. It will stick it in the Kindle app on my computer, but not allow me to have a text file to manipulate - which really chaps my hide since I paid for the book! I am wondering if buying from Barnes and Noble online might make it easier…

You can try this Aengus:

If you do, verify that Kindle desktop auto update gets turned off and that it hasn’t already updated.