Ios app doesn't count words as read

hi,

on the updated (latest) version on ios words are not counted as read and therefore no coins. however, coins are received when creating lingqs. and also when the lesson is finished (finish lesson button) all the coins seem to be counted.

today I also started and finished one lesson and right before I finished, i checked the statistics that showed that I’d read 0 words :slight_smile:

checked this potential bug on the older ios version on my iPad – the bug is not there, getting coins for each page I’ve read etc.

4 Likes

Thanks, we will look into that.

3 Likes

The web version has not counted hours of listening today. The other metrics have all been counted.

3 Likes

Same here. I updated today, and noticed I was taking about twice as long to reach my usual 100 coins. Same issue: 0 words read. (To make matters worse, the web app is not a viable alternative, since that overcounts words read by many multiples; a separate, long-standing issue.)

2 Likes

My stats are also not working properly on the iOS app in the last couple of days. I just listened to and read the same lesson and the listening hours were counted but the reading words weren’t.

3 Likes

@zoran I know you already said you’d have people look into it, but did you convey the urgency? The iOS app is broken and borderline unusable this way. Roll back the latest update if necessary, but do it ASAP.

3 Likes

Yes, I forwarded to our team and I am sure they will look into it soon.

4 Likes

Thank you, and apologies if it comes across as aggressive. It’s just that while this issue persists, I have to tinker with the app every day to keep my streak going on top of doing my normal lessons :frowning:

1 Like

seems like the latest update fixed the issue. Thanks @zoran !

3 Likes

Yes, seems fixed. Thanks a lot, and sorry again for the impatience!

2 Likes

Yup, should be fixed now. Thanks for the confirmation! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi! I’m having the same issue (0 words read until I finish the lesson), but it only started for me in the past few days, maybe yesterday or the day before. My iOS is up to date, and so is my version of the LingQ mobile app. I even restarted my phone to see if that would fix things, since it seems to be working now for everyone else here. The app is still not counting words as read. At least for now, then, it seems that activities like rereading old lessons, working through lessons over a few days, or reading text while listening to the audio (instead of just reading the captions) won’t contribute to my activity metrics. What made it work for the rest of you?

1 Like

Oh no! It almost sounds like the update that fixed it for us broke it for you…?

For me, it was fixed by update 5.5.4. Could you double-check that that’s the one you have as well?

1 Like

Thank you for your response! It looks like I have version 5.5.3 (1). I had to do some digging in the app store just now, but I found the option to update it. Hopefully, that will fix it!

3 Likes

Update: It worked! The update fixed it. Thanks for your help. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Phew, that’s a relief!

2 Likes

just have to add that i’m really scared to update the app these days :smiley:
few months ago there was a bug that was doubling the listened amounts, then we had this bug.

1 Like

I have just realised that I have the same problem. The reading was neither counted today nor yesterday.

I have the updated app (5.5.3). Neither the iOS app nor the website shows any text read.

1 Like

Check in the App Store manually, there should be an update to 5.5.5 that fixes this again.

2 Likes

@Jenna2708 Please update to the latest version.

2 Likes