Improving our libraries

The people listed below have volunteered to help with editing our various language libraries and have been given editor’s access. There may be more that I am not aware of.

We need more help. Ideally I would like to see a small group of 3 or 4 per language. This can include tutors and learners. Their role is to improve the libraries; to agree on deleting inappropriate or poor quality content (after discussion with me, if possible); to improve the categories or classifications; to edit any errors that arise; to discuss levels of difficulty; or any other issues that can lead to improving the libraries.

For that matter we can also discuss how to improve our service in different languages, how to get better content, other dictionaries that we should add etc. Bear in mind that not everything can be done right away. Those things that the Editors or I can do, we can proceed with. If it involves programmers it may take longer.

Please let me know if you can help. I would like to coordinate this activity. Also let me know if I left your name out.

French
Cecile

German
Vera

Japanese
Nobuo

Spanish
Berta

Russian
Sakypa

There is no question that our libraries are still a bit confusing. Our automatic system for judging the level of difficulty is unreliable. We can work on refining in for each language but that will take programmer time. In the meantime there are things we can do to help.

1. Editors can manually input levels. That will also take time.
  2. The biggest problem is for beginners. That is why Vera’s letter is such a good idea. It is a letter from a tutor guiding people to the most appropriate content for their level.
    We will try to prepare such letters to be automatically emailed to our learners.

I would be interested in knowing which items in different languages you consider the best for beginners.
Which beginner items did you find helpful. Maybe we can translate them into other languages.