Could you please let us know the maximum word count for imported lessons? I thought it used to be 10,000 but ow I am getting an “exceeds 6000” error message. Was it changed recently or was I mistaken about the previous limit?
I believe it is 6,000. It was increased to 10,000 and then reduced again for reasons that I do not remember. Mark has more information on this.
Okay, no problem, I’ll just divide the chapter into part one and part two. I just wanted to be sure it wasn’t some issue on my end. Thanks.
The limit is 6000 now. It was changed in the last 6 months or so because long texts make the lesson page slow.
I am also having some trouble with the lingQsaver window. Could this be related to long texts, or too many lingQs? Oftentimes it will just hang there with the “saving” message spinning around until I exit the lesson and start it up again. Is there an optimum maximum length for lessons? I don’t mind splitting them up but of course, the longer the better since it is more convenient to simply copy and paste, and fill in the lesson details once.
I had the problem just now but things seem to be back to normal now. It happens from time to time. I cannot say why. It is quite infrequent now, and was more frequent earlier. But I also find that my google documents gets hung up from time to time. I think that it is just the Internet and computers.
Alas, I went away and came back but in my case, the saving wheel just keeps on spinning, even now and it appears that the lesson page is operating very slowly at the moment too. In fact, I am unable to re-open the lesson even after waiting over a minute for the page to open. I will try back later and see if things have sorted out.
There is something wrong right now with the LingQing. It seems that the LingQ is not finding any of the dictionaries. It may be temporary but I will try to find out what the problem is. Sorry for the inconvenience.