I'm overwhelmed with my vocab list! (pressure to create LingQs)

Spaced Repetition (SRS) is a proven learning method to commit items to long-term memory, for vocabulary or anything else that people want to learn. The research supporting this technique is extensive. Using the daily review is really invaluable since it takes advantage of SRS.

I have no flippin’ idea how many lingqs are in my list. Never look at it. Maybe it would help to review the lingqs in a lesson immediately after finishing it (I did when first starting), but I mostly just want to move on and read more without bothering with that.

So where can that kind of attitude get you? Pretty far, I guess – I have well over 60k Russian “words”. Mind you, that’s a highly inflected language (I can make ~80 “words” from a single verb), so divide by plenty to compare to some other languages. Yet, I can read the news mostly unassisted and freely listen to a lot of YouTube content. Thanks, Lingq!

I’ve not concentrated on output, and maybe putting some focus on lingq review could help me pull up the right word when needed, but I don’t know.

I don’t bother with it for most languages that I use on here.
But I am studying Indonesian at university, so I use it to put a little more discipline into my Indonesian reading. I find on lingq that I tend to skim over unknown words.
The most important thing is that the SRS review is to supplement the reading, and not the other way around

I can understand you very well, Andreahill.
I hate any kind of pressure!..
I hate any form od charts or diagrams!
That’s why I just ignore all daily or monthly goals in my beloved language study!
I just enjoy my immersion in my target languages.
Some days I can do very much, some days I do nothing.
I don’t worry about it, not at all!
When you would like to repeat your lingqs, do it.
When you don’t like to repeat your lingqs, don’t do it.
Nobody can force you doing it!
The most popular words will be repeated in different new texts and you can gradulally remember them, without any stupid drill!
Your results don’t depend on the quantity of your learned Lingqs.
You results depend on the time of the immersion in your new language and on your happiness because of your gradual understanding of new words and new culture!
But don’t be in hurry on your long, but exciting way of magnificent language study!