Ich kann mich nicht darum kümmern

“I am not saying you have a speech defect!”

You said that you´re wondering if pronouncing “ch” like “sch” and vice versa is a speech defect or a phonetical change in our language. At least, that´s what I understood.

" You have a wonderful, a great voice"

Thanks^^

The guy in D. had something akin to a speech defect, in my opinion. He could not produce the “ch” sound in certain words. I am pretty sure you can.

I guess I need a recording where someone says “ch” and “sch” alternately xD
My ears tell me that “sch” is a little bit “stronger” than “ch”, but the difference seems so small that I´m not sure if it´s just my imagination.

“I am pretty sure you can.”

Have you heard me pronounce it the “correct” way or are you just “pretty sure”?^^

I can’t remember which of your lessons I listened to. But pretty sure means that I think you could pronounce it if you were aware of what you are doing. Have you tried recording things like “Wachtel, Schachturnier, Dachschablone (gibt es so etwas?)”. I am convinced that you’ll hear a difference. Just imagine your ‘small’ difference sounds ‘strong’ to us, that way you could listen out for changes - if you feel so inclined. Remember, it is you, your voice, your way of speaking.

May I quote your words from another thread? “Let’s agree to differ.”

So, hier findet ihr meine Aufnahme zum Abspielen im Browser: Login - LingQ

Test - Geht vielleicht auch: http://m.lingq.com/media/resources/wall_post/audio/f85de11ee1.mp3

@Paule89 Also, eben habe ich mir “Ich bin verpeilt angehört”, ein toller Text, eine tolle Stimme.

Hier nun mein Kommentar bezüglich des strittigen Lautes:

Meistens ist Dein ‘ch’-Laut ein ganz normaler Ton, also ‘ch’. Dein ‘ich’ tendiert vielleicht zum ‘sch’-Klang, aber nur wenn man hyperkritisch hinhört. Keineswegs störend für Muttersprachler.

“Manchmal” und “Milch” haben allerdings ein deutliches ‘sch’. Dies wirkt bei Deiner Stimme auffallend für Muttersprachler, weil Du sonst eine klare Standardaussprache hast. (Und wo ich mir einbilde eine sehr, sehr kleine Berliner-Färbung zu hören, bringt es mich zum Lächeln. Meine Tochter ist in Belin geboren.) Ich finde es gut zu wissen, woher jemand kommt. Ich bin mir sicher, dass meine Stimme mein Alter und meine Herkunft verrät.

Also nun kann ich mit Sicherheit sagen, dass Du das ‘ch’ klar und deutlich aussprechen kannst. In den Fällen wo es zum ‘sch’ wird, hat sich wohl irgendetwas in Deine Aussprache gewisser Wörter hineingeschlängelt.

Well, I´m always trying to pronounce my lessons as “properly” as possible, so I´ll try to get ride of that “ch/sch”-thingy.^^

@Sanne, Vera, Colin

Danke für´s Feedback :slight_smile:

Pronouncing the “ch” = “sch” reminds me a lot of the pronunciation of “Howie”. To be honest, I’ve never heard it from a native speaker, but it sounds interesting.:).

Is this ch=sch pronunciation more common in Berlin or in another regions?

For me this kind of pronunciation is untypical for Berlin. But it is common in some regions for example Swabia.