I know I'm asking for a lot

That is true :wink:

It is gibberish. Sorry but you’re wrong. He asked (for) her (what?) in marriage.

I have NEVER seen that used as you think it should be used, and if it was used in the past it is not used any more.

It’s gibberish.

That’s all I’m asking.
Can I put “for” after asking in this sentence? Are they the same meaning?

You can say ‘he asked for the time’ or ‘he asked the time’.

You cannot say ‘he asked the salt and pepper’ you have to say ‘…FOR the salt and pepper.’

Dunno why, maybe someone who knows grammar can chime in.

It’s not gibberish. Gibberish, per dictionary.com, is: ‘meaningless or unintelligible talk or writing.’ ‘He asked her in marriage’ is certainly incorrect English, but it’s easy to understand the meaning. Are you really saying that you have no idea what that sentence means? Just because something is wrong, it doesn’t make it gibberish.

Your basic point about not giving erroneous examples is a good one, but you could have been nicer and more respectful in your posts. Writing out a definition for the word ‘moth’ in response to an obvious typo in which he meant to write ‘month’ came across as very arrogant.

“beating a dead horse”

Wow!

Nice One!

I agree! Being disrespectful is senseless. It is unproductive. We are all here to learn and to enjoy learning. Making mistakes is part of the learning process. Arrogance is out of place on this forum!

Gibberish. Nonsense. Incorrect. Call it whatever you like.

I also understand what ‘I now to the shop will go’ means but I wouldn’t tell people that was fine either.