I can't find the Cancel Account button

@walbohoogers I took care of it for you.

1 Like

I wan’t to cancel my subscription there is no button to cancel :rage: :rage:

2 Likes

@HedwigOwl You are subscribed to LingQ Premium membership via the Android app and Google Play. To cancel your subscription, please log in to your Google Play account and cancel it there.

Here’s how you can do that: Cancel, pause, or change a subscription on Google Play - Android - Google Play Help

1 Like

Hello,

I would like to cancel my subscription, but I have not found the button.

-Thanks!

1 Like

@llarra No problem, I took care of it.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund please.

1 Like

@yura.voitenko No problem, it’s taken care of now.

2 Likes

I would like to cancel my account as well, if possible.

1 Like

@Taco8226 it’s taken care of.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to cancel my subscription and get a refund please.

1 Like

@franciszeksz I took care of it for you.

1 Like

Hello, I would like to cancel my account but cannot find the button to do so. I have followed the instructions on this page

But after clicking on change plan on my account page, the screen I see has no option to downgrade or cancel, it only advertises the premium and premium+ tiers.

This is what I see after clicking “change plan”

I am unsure what I’m supposed to be seeing that is not currently visible. I signed up for LingQ via the website and don’t have an active subscription through google play or the apple app store.

Could it be there is some conditional javascript that changes the appearance based on your currently selected plan, and for some reason it isn’t detecting my plan thus not making the downgrade area visible?

I am on a 6 months plan, and would no longer like my subscription to be renewed in June of this year. Whether that’s via downgrading or deactivation, either is fine.

1 Like

@Encyclophile Your subscription is set to expire on June 2nd.

2 Likes