I’m not being altogether serious when I say that . . .

I’m not being altogether serious when I say that I am practicing writing in English.
(To be continued)

1 Like

So then, you are joking about practicing writing in English?

I was just thinking about jokes, riddles, and puns as they relate to language. Go ahead, don’t be serious. More fun that way. :slight_smile: Go ahead and check out some riddles (in English) at my blog if we need a break from serious. http://jreidy17.wordpress.com/

I’m not being altogether ‘unserious’ when I say that I am practicing writing in a foreign language.
I might be simply enjoying writing in a ‘foreign’ language, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

@Yutaka - "I’m not being altogether ‘unserious’ " This just makes my brain short circuit. serious - unserious - not unserious …
you are negating something already negated, makes my brain hurt.

I enjoy writing in a foreign language. I’m only half serious when I say I am submitting my writing for correction. I am really just indulging my pleasure in writing English and sparking some heated debates with the English speakers. Getting lively discussions about grammar is a side benefit of submitting my writing for correction.

1 Like

Troublemaker!

1 Like

While you are practising writing seriously, or not, you seem to be doing some serious writing practice in this very funny language we use here.

1 Like

@jreidy
You are qualified to write a message on behalf of me, but I can neither confirm nor deny that what you have described is true.

1 Like

It goes without saying that I am not being altogether serious when I say that I am a cat person, although I don’t know if I have the feline traits admired by cat people.

@Lance_R
One word is too short to understand, even if to be clear and succinct might be preferable. Are you a cat person or a dog person?

1 Like

Cat or dog person?

Well I never acquired the taste for either unless sauteed with a nice cream sauce, and maybe a fresh Cæsar salad and a cold glass of Pino Grigio under a late summer Tuscan sun with good friends such as yourself.

Have you any shrubbery?

@jreidy
You are qualified to write a message on behalf of me, but I can neither confirm nor deny that what you have described is true.”

LOL. I wasn’t attempting to speak FOR you, merely offer a sample of English writing. No need to confirm or deny. LOL Guess I’ve been commenting on too many of your writing samples if I start writing in Yutaka first person. Hahaha

Many of us don’t want to think that our action can be controlled by the amount of reward that someone else decides. I am one of them. I hate any theory that concentrates on so-called incentives, but I’m not being altogether serious when I say that.

1 Like