How to correct Chinese word segmentation?

Deleted

That kind of problem occurs also on the pages in Japanese.
It might come from the fact that segmentation is carried out not by a human editor but by an artificial program, which is not very smart.
I don’t think it can be solved in the near future. There should be some notice about this on the LingQ introduction page.

Basically this system is HORRIBLE to learn Chinese as a beginner. But it is still the best system to learn vocabulary. I started at an intermediate level learning so I am able to sort through the many many many mistakes. Currently ignore it, there is no alternative. You already know what it is suppose to be, so you have learned it. In the future you will encounter many more problems. You can figure out what things are suppose to be, but things like the flashcards system won’t be too good.

猴年 is a word which means a year.like2016
生 represents the meaning of birth。so To understand the meaning of a word

hello mi name is jaider

Once we get through the Beta launch we should really take a look at this again.

1 Like

We don’t welcome off-topic messages on the forums.
“How to correct Chinese word segmentation?” is the title of the thread.

I hope this happens. I am big fan of the new lingq. I really think that if these problems are somehow solved for Chinese and Japanese characters, lingq could be the gold standard for learning these. It could make learning Chinese much more efficient and less of “an impossibly difficult language” into just another language.

Is it really that bad? Just from poking my head into who is she it seems to be fine. I think when I highlight full phrases the meaning seems to come out even of the spacing is off. I am now worried that i am learning the incorrect pinyin or something.