How to cancel my membership?

Please cancel my account. I cannot find the cancel button (seemingly along with every other user wishing to cancel) I’m on a monthly plan and wish for it to end immediately.

@shimshongansburg Your account is scheduled to drop to Free level after your current paid month expires.

Please cancel my membership too and I want to be refunded for what I didn’t use.
(it’s interesting that there’s still (2023) no proper way to do this through settings, and it seems that it needs to be done manually.)

1 Like

@asem1410 I refunded your latest payment and expired subscription.

Hi @zoran. I tried to cancel but it says “undefined” when clicking. Please cancel the subscription.

@MambaBlanco Your subscription has now expired.

Hi Zoran,

I’m looking on the accounts/subscription page, and I see no way to downgrade to a free account. I don’t really want to downgrade at present, but I think it’s important for users to be able to do so without contacting tech support. I view it as bad business practices when businesses don’t allow users to quickly and easily unsubscribe.

Could you tell me how “I” can unsubscribe without you doing it for me?

Thanks.

@Pr0metheus Sure, the option to cancel is under Settings > Account > Change Plan button. The button under your currently active plan is the one where you can cancel your subscription.

Zoran, could you please cancel my subscription as well?

@adriananovac Sure, I took care of it.

Hello, I am just wondering that if I need to cancel my membership because of my college issues and I want to back two months after the cancelation, will the LingQs and statistic still remain when I am back?

@mauricelin We save your data for 1 month. If you want to downgrade for longer period, you can activate the Vacation plan ($2/month) and keep data saved.

@zoran can you please cancel my subscription?

@leonardobambini Sure, I took care of it.