How Many Polyglots Use LingQ?

He’s still hiding in the jungle, unaware that the war is over.

Unlikely. He’s probably still learning the alphabet in French.

Speaking is one of the important target for any language learners out there. There are lots of possibility to speak with a native speaker in your target language. For example, In lingq, “Exchange” section doesn’t seem very active and energetic. It doesn’t get traffic very much as we see on reading and listening. Maybe , we would think about how we could improve “Exchange” section of Lingq to get attention. What would you think if we have a chance to change way of work of “Exchange” section ?

Nowadays, I go to italki to get my speaking done. I can get an hour of speaking for around $7, and a trial lesson with a new tutor for $1. This is even with my own schedule.

Too right. And most of these youtube ‘polyglots’ are frauds. They can’t talk about anything except language learning in the TL. It’s so boring listening to them all prattle on. I’d like to see one of them have a conversation with a French farmer about roof tiles or shetland ponies or trailers that are being modified to carry bikes and cars. Most of them wouldn’t be able to because their box of tricks extends to talking about language learning and themselves and that’s it. In real conversations they speak AT people, not WITH them.

I used to think Steve was the same until i saw all the podcasts here on LingQ which have him talking in various languages about such varied, wide-ranging topics as food, social structure, politics, education, general daily life etc. Can’t fake that stuff.

In practice though, everyday language is very limited in scope compared to what you will find in novels.

He is basically the combination of Giuseppe Mezzofanti and Bruce Lee.

(Actually that is what he thinks he is)

You guys are funny.

I had to google him to understand and wow. He seems angry.