How is the Video Contest going?

Thank you, Vera, for all your hard work for us. It looks as if we all end up winners!

Goldenspeaker certainly has learnt English well. Looking at his LingQ profile I see that he has been a member already since autumn 2009 and has since then created 1931 links altogether. He must be a natural!

SanneT, I am sorry to correct you.
Certainly, Goldespeaker has very good skills in English, but according to his statistics, he’s created only 1 LingQ, and he knows 1931 words, so he’s used LingQ very little.

There is no doubt Goldespeaker’s English is amazing, outstanding, he’s really fluent, lots of "wow"s there.

But there is neither any doubt that his English isn’t good because of Lingq. :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s. Oscar, please read again Sanne’s message :stuck_out_tongue:

There is no doubt Goldespeaker’s English is amazing, outstanding, he’s really fluent, lots of "wow"s there.

But there is neither any doubt that his English isn’t good because of Lingq. :stuck_out_tongue:

p.s. Oscar, please read again Sanne’s message :stuck_out_tongue:

He has done 10 hours of listening as well though, so Goldenspeaker is going along with the LingQ principle. Perhaps by not doing many LingQs, he is trying to keep it free. I’ll watch the video later.

I doubt Goldenspeaker used LingQ much.

You can see by his latest activities. He appears to be listening to simple goodbyes still…

Oh, I see.

Maybe he’s used LingQ for a year, but I don’t think he started from scratch. However, ihe contest is open for anybody who had used LingQ (to some extent?).

If he wins, he’s entitled to, just like the rest of the entries. You just had to talk about Lingq, and they all did that. We’re just saying that his wonderful English can’t be because he used Lingq. (no way! it didn’t even help a bit xD)

By the way, he seems to be a really nice guy. All the best for him!

to him!

@Jeff - I’m pretty sure the contest was open to any member of LingQ, and they were to talk about how the site has helped them.

I’m also very impressed by the English of our non-native English speaker contestants. As an example, I never would have guessed that Adrian is from Poland, just by listening to him.

@cheers Peter