How do Walls work?

Is there a FAQ or tutorial about walls?

If not, what is an “Activity Feed” in regard to walls?
What is a “private” message? Is it to oneself?
I assume a “public” message is a message that appears on everyone’s wall. Correct?

You can actually find out more about this in our LingQ 2.0 video: Introduction to LingQ 2.0 (LingQ.com) - YouTube

Private will show just to you and the person’s wall you post it on, whereas a public message is viewable by everyone. The video should give you a better idea of how it works!

I tested the Wall thing with Reinhard’s help earlier on. Thank you @alleray!

This is what happened.
I started a thread asking about activity points.
Reinhard commented on it on my wall. (A notification was sent to the timeline on my welcome page)
I commented on his comment (still on my wall). A notification was sent to him. I wasn’t sure whether that was right and so posted something on his wall (!)
A notification was sent to his welcome page.
I picked up his replies on my phone ( through the notification system ).
Now I shall go to my welcome page to see what has been going on since all this started… Bye!
P.S. Am back and am pleased to say that I now have lots of messages from @alleray in my timeline. (Thank you for helping out!)

@Imyirtseshem - When someone comments on a post of yours, you should receive both an email notification and a notice in the Timeline on the Learn page. You actually can click the button from the Timeline to respond directly to that post. We plan on continuing to make improvements to the Timeline and notifications in order to help promote more interaction on the site.

@SanneT - Sounds like you’re getting along just fine, glad to hear it! :slight_smile:

@Alex - ou can actually find out more about this in our LingQ 2.0 video: Introduction to LingQ 2.0 (LingQ.com) - YouTube

The video does help. Thanks.

@Imyirtseshem - Just check the Learn page or your email inbox from time to time and you should be good to go :slight_smile:

@donhamiltontx - Glad to hear that helped explain it. If you have any further questions about the new functionality, let me know.

Sure, you’ll just have to unsubscribe from the forums that you’re following (or, if you’re not following any forums, then just the specific threads that you’re following)

There’s not an option in the settings for turning them all off, if that’s what you’re wondering. I suppose one alternative is to set a filter in your email so that emails with “LingQ Forum” in them are automatically sent to a specific folder (or the trash) and removed from your inbox.