How can we get more languages on LingQ

@Mikebond @Steve: Same disillusion here on my side! I love to produce podcasts together with Evgueny and Silvia and I will continue that because it is a very satisfying activity for me.

But it has become very clear to me that the Scandinavian language resources will not improve and that Danish is a chanceless language here on LingQ. I am now in the lucky position to have found a website, where I can use both my Danish and my Norwegian. That’s exactly what I need! :slight_smile:

Fasulye

@Fasulye - Which website do you use for Danish & Norwegian?

I don’t know how many people are like me, but I probably wouldn’t use LingQ purely for the “linking” function if there were no content here. Yes, you can import texts, and Steve seems to do that alot, but it’s just too much bother for me most of the time. If I’m going to use LingQ, I prefer to use content that’s already on here. Outside of LingQ, there are popup dictionaries and whatnot that you can use to check the meaning of words while you read. So, for me, having lots of good content is certainly important, so I can understand LingQ not wanting to have lots of languages with little content/support.

Then again, Arabic is a pretty major language that presumably many people are studying. It might not be a bad idea to try to get it on LingQ.

@Bortrun
Have you tried LingQ’s Chrome extension to import texts? You just select text, press on LingQ icon and press “Open on LingQ”. It takes 5 seconds.

About content. I learned German by using Assimil (didn’t even finish it) and native contents. The same thing I’m doing right now with French (just adding “French in Action”). So I don’t need content (may be with harder language, like Japanese). I’m using LingQ just for “linking” because it has an advantage over LWТ and pop-up dictionaries in form of it’s users who have created dictionary entries and “user hints”. Plus you can create your own hints, make notes, save audio, translation, external links, dress your avatar etc. And it’s a pity that LingQ doesn’t want to take advantage of their users by letting THEM create a dictionaries for not so popular languages (Google Translate for small, inflected or agglutinative languages is pretty paltry).

@jviktors
I use Firefox, but there’s something similar for Firefox. I don’t mean that I never import texts, I just usually don’t. I guess I’m just lazy :slight_smile: I just prefer to look at content already in LingQ when I use LingQ. If LingQ didn’t have a pretty full library, I probably wouldn’t use it.

@nd71 I use “italki” to write my Danish and Norwegian texts and have them corrected for free. This website has a huge variety of languages and you don’t pay with points to get your texts corrected. Sometimes it happend to me here on LingQ that my points expired. I found this embarrassing! Now I can write as many texts in Danish and Norwegian as I want and I get them all corrected for free. On “italki” I can also find new Skypies easier.

Fasulye

@Fasulye Thank you!