Highlight new words

Is there a possibility to highlight the ‘new words’ in document. I only see the total number of ‘new words’, but I don’t know, where they are in the text. This feature would be very useful.

I agree.

I guess it depends on the stage of the learner. For an advanced learner this could be helpful, including a “go to” feature. Maybe this is something that the advanced learner could click to turn on .

In any case, it is not something that we would be able to implement in the short term I think. There is also the danger that the more features there are the more the learners get confused.

If you implemented this feature in the long term, would be fine also :slight_smile:

I agree, that this feature should be selectable (turn on/turn off). If the default selection for this feature is OFF, then … I guess … there will be no danger that learners get confused.

Another possibility to keep your learning system simple for beginners, is to hide the administration of advanced features in a hidden (advanced) area.

HELLO,哈哈!

szu1985

I presume you signed up at LingQ to improve your language skills. Tell us something besides 哈哈 (ha ha ).

I agree with AndreasE on the point of making differences between “beginner users” and “advanced users”.

This is what I thinking: once you start having the taste of this fascinating LingQ site through the simple functionality, you begin to experience how powerful are the ideas and methodology behind this site. Then, as every avid learner/user, more complex functionality you desire…“would be great to have this functionality, and that, and those” really good ideas like this one of highlighting new words.

One the other hand, it could be confusing for new users, as it is expressed in the forum http://www.lingq.com/learn/en/forum/1/918/ .

So, perhaps, having two users profiles (configurable from user’s settings):

• beginner (simple functionality)
  • advanced (advanced functionality)

could be a way to implement these great ideas without setting a barrier for the new users that aren’t familiar with tool neither with the ideas and methodology behind the tool.

ps: thanks steve and mark for this site!