Got the permission to share it?

Wow some people seem to care too much.

I for one think copyright laws are about as useful in this day and age as laws for keeping horse dung off the road. That is to say outdated.

I guess we’re in the growing out of it phase. Yeah yeah I know the law is the law… (such an easy argument, when standing alone, to refute)

Canadian pirates! Could we have an avatar outfit for them, please?

I’d be quite interested to see Swedish pirates too :wink:

@blindside
If you were an author and try to earn money with this profession, you would think differently, I guess.

I think that instead of taxing and hating medical companies that create medicine that cure and heal people we should tax artist 90% and allow there songs/paintings/poems/books to have copyright protection.

I write a song or write an article and it’s mine for 70 years? Mickey Mouse is owned by Disney for now for how long? They do minimal good for society, this coming who prolifically writes and produces content for free mind you, and get to make millions of dollars?

Yet “big pharma” is the devil, meanwhile Stephen King writes the same novel for 40 years and is a multi multi millionaire? Kanye West writes a song where he doesn’t even play instruments and he’s a millionaire?

How to reform copyright law is a bigger question, the fact that it’s stupid and broken is quite obvious, tepid obedience with laws that don’t make sense…well that’s for people who don’t think like me.

With that said if I were in lingqs place I’d attempt to follow the law too, but not so far that it slowed down research and development. Youtube’s policy is fine and reasonable in my opinion, otherwise stupid greedy people would have a court case at every turn. Legal fees would crush wonderful ideas like Lingq and youtube.