Google Translate & Google Image

The Google Translate link in the dictionary widget is not working properly, at least for French and Spanish. Clicking on the link would take you to the Google Translate start page, but not actually looking up the lingq word. I think this is probably due to the fact that Google Translate has changed its interface recently. (Btw, I am using IE8 under Vista.)

Incidentally, Mark, when you look into this problem, could you consider adding Google Image to the dictionary of all languages? A picture is truly worth a thousand words. Quite often, even after looking up several dictionaries, I still don’t have the slightest idea what a word means. However, when I do a Google Image search and take a look at the pictures returned, I’d instantly understand what the word is about.

Actually, I thought it wasn’t working properly at first, too, after the design change they made. But, in fact, the translation is there below the text field on the Google Translate page. It’s not a bad suggestion to add a link to Google Images. We’ll see if we can do that.

I’ve added Google Images to the list of Other dictionaries in English, French and Russian. Do people find this useful? Should I add Google Images for all languages?

That would be great Mark! Thanks!

I think it would be great too.

Ok. I’ve added it in all languages now. Enjoy!

It’s wonderful! Thank you so much, Mark!